Welcome to the PHS Counseling Department!
Professional school counselors provide a wide range of services in the schools, based on individual student needs and student interests. The Pomperaug High School Counseling Program is an integral part of the total educational experience through which students prepare for meaningful and rewarding lives as productive members of a changing society. Throughout the year, counselors implement lessons in the classroom and meet with students in all grade levels for academic, social, and emotional issues. School Counselors also provide crisis intervention to students when difficult situations occur at schools.
Counseling Services focus on three main aspects of development:
- Academic - Academic Counseling
- College and Career - College and career awareness, exploration and planning services
- Personal/Social - Social, emotional counseling services to students and their families
Services designed to meet these goals include:
- Individual Planning
- Developmental Curriculum
- Group Counseling
- Teacher and Parent Consultation
(203) 262-3238, Counseling Dept
(203) 262-3224, Career Center
Sara Carey, School Social Worker